During weekends, you can’t escape from going outdoors with your family and friends. This is the best way of spending quality time with them. You had been very busy the whole week. So, you can make up to these people on a weekend. Fishing is one of the activities that members of the family, couples, friends and small groups enjoy doing outdoors.
What’s really exciting with fishing is showing to your family and friends what you’ve got. It is indeed a great accomplishment for you. Especially, if you can see that you caught a bigger fish or you have more fishes in your box than the other members.
If you would really like to advance your level in your fishing career, then it is best to get a fish finder. A fish finder will help you catch more fish and it will help you catch what you really want to have and you will have an interesting OutdoorTricks for your fishing. How is that? A fish finder uses sound waves to collect data from the underwater. Using a fish finder will allow you to get information, such as, amount of fishes around, the depth of the fish and the location of the fish. With such features, you will surely get many fish.
How to Pick a Good Fish Finder for you
There are various fish finder products available on the market today. So, it is not that easy to pick a good fish finder for you and your family or friends. So, we have here some tips for you to consider before buying one.
- The first thing that you need to check is the Frequency of the fish finder transducer. Is it single, dual or multiple? A dual transducer have 20-degree and 60-degree cone angles. Most transducers come with 50kHz, 83kHz, 192kHz and 200kHz frequencies. A low frequency transducer at 50kHz is ideal in a deep water and for commercial and professional use only. While a higher frequency transducer at 192kHz and 200kHz is ideal in a shallow water. Keep in mind that a higher frequency allows your transducer to collect more information to view on your monitor.
- Next, check the power wattage. If you have a stronger power, then you will have a faster loading of data on the screen and higher range of reading. If you have low power, then transmission of sound waves and data is slow. In shallow waters, less power is needed. But, in deep waters, you must have greater power. You can choose from 100W to 1000W.
- You must also check your screen resolution. If the resolution or pixel is higher, then you can see more details. It is important for you to have a clear view under the water. So, this factor is very important. It will be best to choose a color screen because it is cheaper than the black and white screen.
- The cone angle and the beam is also important because this is the scope of what you can see under the water. If the degree is wider, then you can see a wider area. You can find cone angles available at 9-60 degrees, 16-20 degrees.
- You also need to consider the material used on your transducer. For casual fishing a plastic material is fine. The Plastic housing is ideal for metal or fiberglass hulls, stainless steel housing for aluminum or steel hulls, and bronze housing for wood or fiberglass hulls. Through-hull is fine with plastic or bronze.
- It is also important for you to know the temperature of water. There are fish finders having this feature. This works best for anglers who are particular in fishing at a given water temperature.
- Other features that a fish finder highlights is the Wi-Fi capability and its compatibility with your smartphone. This is a great way of uploading files online and updating applications needed in your fish finder.
- Another feature that fish finders have is the GPS system capability. With this function, you can easily track locations. You may later on go back to the saved spot.
Those are some of the tips on how you are going to pick a good fish finder on the market. Always choose that one that will satisfy your needs. And of course, you must also consider your budget.
“Jun goes out with friends on weekends for fishing activities. He finds it hard to catch fish. So, he decided to buy a fish finder to help them with fishing. And then, this device helps them make their fishing lifestyle a successful.”